Sunday, September 14, 2008

It's beginning to feel a lot like a REAL September

-First off, I would like to say, that it was the loveliest night tonight.  I sat out on the Barker's back porch with Dan and Karen for about 45 minutes just enjoying the cool air.  It was so chilly, I had to run upstairs and grab a sweatshirt!  It's beginning to feel a lot like September... everywhere you go!


-I'm ready for fall!  I'm ready to move into my new apartment, set it up all cute, and set out Thanksgiving and fall decorations (my Mimi taught me right!).  I'm ready for fires (everyone knows how much I ADORE fires!) and wassail and candles!

-Speaking of my Mimi, check out this picture of the two of us-
Basically, she's the best Mimi of ALL TIME.  This is the two of us with the cake we made together the last time I was in Houston (HUGE thanks to Michele for teaching me how to make this delicious cake!!!!).  If you look closely, Mimi is stealing a lick from the side, with her finger!  Seriously, BEST MIMI EVER!!

-And if you could, please keep Mimi and Popi in your prayers.  Hurricane Ike totally destroyed their house.  It's going to be a long road of rebuilding and repairing.  Praise the Lord nobody was hurt.  However, many things (sentimental and family heirlooms) were lost.  So please pray for them and everyone who was affected by Ike.

-We had a Chili Cook-Off today at church and guess what!?  I won second place!  I was literally FLOORED.  I didn't know how to make chili before yesterday, and I found a recipe in my Star Wars Cookbook (I'm not even kidding) and decided to try it!  It was way easy.  I couldn't believe it when Clint said my name...

-I added a couple of blogs to my "Blogs I Love" section- Michele and Wezie two of my fantastic youth group moms!  Check them out!  

-I started a small group in our church.  One with people (sort of) my age.  I'm really excited about it.  It was a very eclectic group tonight, but everyone seemed to have a pretty good time.  There are 6 of us right now.  I'm praying that we will all become good friends and learn more about the Word and the Lord.

-I listen to Harry Potter podcasts.  Judge away.

-Speaking of HP, Ash and Allison (both who are linked on the left!) and I are all re-reading series!  It's been a lot of fun so far!  I love that Ashley and Allison have only met once, but are becoming fast friends because of HP!

-The three of us all need to plan a vacay to Orlando in early 2010 to see the Harry Potter theme park.  Like for-reals.

-I've been watching football the past week.  It reminds me of fall.  I love it!

-Nothing gives me greater joy than the Lord and the friends he provides for me.  I can't tell you how blessed I am in Him.  I can't thank or praise Him enough!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

So is the HP 2010 trip limited to you guys? I think Dee and I should come along and make it the best (perhaps only?) HP-centered vacation of our lives.

Mary said...

I'm so sorry for your Mimi and Popi about their house. I'll keep them in my thoughts and prayers!