Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Calendars and Such


Isn't the above picture fantastic? Okay... it probably doesn't make much sense to you, but to me, and many of the people involved in my ministry, this is FANtastic.

It is a picture of our Zone Teen Ministry calendar. This is obviously for October. At the end of the current month I will go and change out the dates, add the next month, and then add all of the events that are going on in our ministry for the next month. Then (and this is the best part!), the teens can come in and write down some of the events that are going on in THEIR lives for the month. Things like birthdays and choir concerts and football games.

Like Kristalyn! She put down that she has a swim meet on the 30th (btw, Kristalyn, I have NO idea where the swim meet is...). Now Clint and I know when some really exciting events are happening in the lives of our teenagers. And we don't forget about the things that our teens tell us in passing. I've forgotten a few choir concerts and plays that way...

What has now happened, is that our teens are really taking ownership of the calendar (which I LOVE!) and things like this have been popping up on the calendar:

And this:

Which at first, I'm not gonna lie, totally annoyed me and my blessed Type A personality.

But as I was over in the Zone earlier today, I realized that those silly little additions to our calendar really speaks to who the teens of Altamesa really are. It describes their collective personality very well.

Keep on adding them, Zone Teen Ministry, keep on adding them. :)

0 comments: