Monday, October 11, 2010

One Time in College...

I'm feeling a bit nostalgic this morning and am missing a few of my close friends, so I decided to tell you about a few funny and special memories from college.

One time in college...

-The BFF and I wrote a story. It's RIDICULOUS and HILARIOUS. I won't tell you much about it except that it involves the two of us, a blond-haired elf from several epic movies, a Ranger from the same films, Dr. Money (ACU's president in our day) being a wizard, and our friend Ruthie being a squib. It was an epic story. One night, after curfew, we decided to share our story with my very good friend Lauren. Well she wasn't in the mood and REJECTED our story. The BFF and I were devastated and insisted that she read it. She slammed the door in our face. What then ensued was an all out war. There was screaming, running, wands being pulled out, and of course the story being shoved under many doors in an effort to force Lauren to read it. Our RA Kelly finally stepped in, but got wrapped up in it all as well. The dorm director had to come tell us all (Kelly the RA included) to shut up and go to bed.

-My friend Ruthie came over to see my new apartment that I was sharing with the BFF. The BFF hadn't gotten there yet, and neither had all of our furniture (she was coming up the next weekend and so were my parents with all of our furniture). All I was able to bring with me was what would fit into my little red truck- Lola. So Ruthie comes over and we decide to watch Gilmore Girls on my tv. So we put it in, but then got distracted talking and catching up from the summer. The Gilmore Girls dvd menu played on repeat for TWO HOURS before one of us finally got a clue and muted it. To this day, I can still sing the Season One Gilmore Girls DVD menu. La la la la la la...

-My sweet friend Juliette and I were the stage manager and running crew for Last Night at Ballyhoo. There wasn't a whole lot of stuff going on backstage for us to do, so we would sit backstage and annoy our friend Ben by tearing gaff tape (it's surprisingly satisfying) into the headset. One of our jobs was to arrange a bunch of presents on stage in a blackout. Well, we had all of this unused gaff tape laying around (sorry Gary...) so we made beards, mustaches, and unibrows with the tape and put them on our faces. We ran into the blackout every time with those on our faces. And nobody ever knew. Cause it was a blackout.

-Several girls on our freshman hall decided to go stalk people (it was the BFF's idea). So we dressed up in all black and put smudges of eyeliner under our eyes and got in the BFF's gold Saturn. We drove around Abilene and would randomly follow people. We finally got bored and ended up at a coffee shop playing the Game of Life. We didn't go home and change first though.

1 comments:

Karma Darling said...

This was AMAZING to read! It makes me wish we had gotten closer in college. But alas, we have great stories now, too.