Thursday, January 13, 2011

Prayers for the Conce Team

This is me and the BFF.

It was taken last night. The scarf I'm wearing? She made it for me! She's been knitting it for two years- I absolutely LOVE it. And the bracelet? I made it for her! I've been making knitted wire bracelets lately- so much fun and SO simple to make (Shannon M., if you're reading this- you TOTALLY need to learn how to make them! You would be a natural!).

Today the BFF leaves for Chile. She and her team (the Conce Team) are going to be missionaries in Concepcion, Chile for a minimum of five years.

They have been planning for this move for about five years now. After spending a summer doing an internship in Buenos Aires with her friend Wes, they decided they wanted to be full-time missionaries in South America. They weren't quite sure WHERE in South America, but they felt like God was calling them there.

A few years (and a few team members) later, they took a survey trip and were absolutely certain that Concepcion was where God needed them.

And today at 2pm, they fly out of DFW to Santiago. They will spend 6 months in Santiago doing Language School (they speak Spanish in Chile).

I've known the BFF for 13 years. We've been best friends for probably 12 of those 13. We were roommates all through college, have survived countless changes in our lives and the lives of those around us. We've been through a lot of really wonderful changes and and some pretty rough changes.

She is an absolute blessing to everyone that she meets and I have no doubt that she will be a light to God's glory to all that she encounters in Chile.

Pray for her team. Pray for safety and perseverance. The next year is going to be hard for them. And above all, pray that God uses them for HIS service and that they continue to keep him at the forefront of their minds.

Love you, Dee- I'm praying hard!

1 comments:

Hi, I'm Deanna. said...

Oh my gosh. You are too sweet! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers girl. We will Skype soon.