Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Spark of Heaven's Guiding Light

I get on these musical kicks every now and again- where I will listen to the same musical over and over and OVER again.

It's usually when things are a little haywire in my life, I'm going through some serious change or rediscovering something that I'd forgotten. When I first moved to Fort Worth it was "I Love You Because" almost a year ago it was, "Les Mis" and "Avenue Q." For about a year after I graduated college, it was Seussical (and then I was cast as Gerturde!).

And lately, things have been pretty crazy. As in, "I just kind of want to sleep for the next couple of weeks" kind of crazy. My life isn't in shambles or anything like that, but I've got a lot going on and my stress level is kind of through the roof.

So I've been listening to the same musical over and over and OVER again. Jane Eyre.

I was in Jane Eyre in college. I still love the music in it. It's romantic and dark and inspiring. And the lyrics of the songs are sometimes straight from the book. Which I love.

And I love the story and character of Jane Eyre. I pretty much love any character that is a strong and independent woman.

Lately my favorite lyrics have been, "As I lie down to sleep tonight, I pray I might be granted strength to see the spark of Heaven's guiding light."

As someone who is watching her grandfather pass away, that lyric in particular has spoken so much to me. We are not of this world. We have a home in Heaven that we should desire to see and LIVE to see. Christ guides us home to him- may we have the strength to do everything THROUGH Him and FOR Him. We should live every day greatly anticipating Heaven and Home. I pray that my Grandpa Garcia will see the Spark of Heaven and go Home to be with the Maker.

May we live each day to desire to be with our Maker. May we live each day to have the strength to see the spark of Heaven's guiding light.

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Beautiful Lauren.

I love you.