Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thoughts from a Grags on the last night of Mpulse

-I think I would be absolutely content to spend the rest of my life singing acappella in the amphitheater at ACU with tenderhearted teenagers, passionate college students, and awesome adult leaders.


-I've gotten to spend time with the BFF which has been AWESOME!  Late night walks from Barrett to her house have been a blast!

-I have to say (sorry my Uplift fans), this is the best university based camp I've been to.  Jan, you are my hero.  Mpulse challenged the teens and really helped them to think outside of themselves.  Plus, there's a real family feel (at least as far as the group leaders and counselors go).  I got to meet some really awesome and fun people this week and now I can't wait for next year!

-So my brother (basically because he's the best brother ever) is getting me a lightsaber for my birthday.  And not just a plastic one.  One from Sharper Image.  Like the real thing...  I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!

-Speaking of my birthday, only 10 days left!!

-And speaking of countdowns, only 15 days till the X-Files movie!!!

-It has lifted my heart to watch my teens from Altamesa this week.  From what I've witnessed, they have been having a blast and are growing in the Lord.  I've watched them answer tough questions and make new friends!  I'm such a proud Mama!

-Cajun Cones and old school Acapella are the perfect mix.

-I'm so SO sad to leave camp, but I'm totally excited about the rest of our summer!!  Tuesday fun days, sleepovers, TREK!, Work Camp, SYS'... This is my FAVORITE part of being a youth minister!  Spending LOADS of time with the teens in the summer!  YAY ALTAMESA!

-I'm also ready for my apartment.  The dorm I've been staying at has a rule that you can't adjust your thermostat and it's set on 65!  I totally understand that they don't want some strange pathogen growing in the dorms, but I'm a Lauren-cicle right now!  Thank goodness for polyester sleeping bags and ACU blankets!

-I can't say how much I am blessed to have the job that I do.  With uber-supportive friends, family, co-workers... what could be better?  

0 comments: