Monday, September 19, 2011

Details of the last month or so...

Life has a way of getting in the way of blogging (in a good way of course!) and by the time I end up opening my "blogger page" at the end of the day, I end up with drooping eyelids and no desire to write. Which is SUCH a shame because I really love to write. So in a brief nutshell (because remember, I want to try and document this crazy blessed time of my life), here is what has happened in the past month!

-The Boy and I have a date for the wedding! March 15th- which is less than 6 months away!!!! I am seriously over the moon and can't wait to be married to this incredible, funny, encouraging man of God. Several times a week we'll be having a normal conversation and all of a sudden I'll squeal with delight.

-Just some quick deets about the wedding: it's going to be family and life-long friends only, it's going to be in San Antonio at the most precious church ever (The Little Church in La Villita), we are having a dinner in lieu of a reception to keep things casual and personal, and I have asked that the honeymoon is a secret, so I won't know where we are going until right before we leave!

-On the work front, things have been crazy busy, but crazy blessed. Between a garage sale fundraiser, new schedule for teens, curriculum planning, vision writing, retreat planning, budget writing, Girl's Gathering (more on that below), and all the other little things that go into being the only youth minister round these parts, it's been a fun new journey.

-Because of the craziness of my schedule lately, I haven't even started decorating my office. My first day solo my main goal was just to move everything from my previous closet... I mean office, and into my new office. Really I just wanted to be able to find my Bibles, curriculums, stapler, etc. So I have little piles of stuff all over my office of things that I need to hang, set out, put away. Maybe this week?

-One of the most exciting things that I have been working on lately has been a girl's conference in the DFW area. This has been a work-in-progress for several years now and something that my sweet friends and I have been in prayer about for a long time. There are 5 female youth ministers in the DFW area and we've been working on this dream of having a girl's conference here in our area. Well, that dream is becoming a God blessed reality! Coming March 30th and 31st (yes, a week after I get back from my honeymoon...): Girl's Gathering @ DFW!

-The entire second story of the Zone has been cleaned out. And all of its contents (that weren't thrown away) were sold in the garage sale. There was great rejoicing from Southwest Fort Worth. Seriously.

-Sometimes I find myself mesmerized by my ring and all the meanings behind it while I type during the work day. God is faithful to His promises- it's worth it to be patient.

So that's just a glimpse of what's been going on! Blessings!

0 comments: